Have Questions About RMOs? We're Here To Help!
No, there are no fees and costs to you. All licensing fees are paid by the new contractor.
Once you sign up, your name will be added on a live RMO map for immediate connections in your area. We do our best to introduce you to the contractors within a 50 mile radius to make communication and visits easier.
We conduct a conference call to introduce you to each new contractor. Also you have the option to meet and approve any individual prior to submitting a license application.
The Contractors State License Board completes background checks for every person who will be on the license in order to verify their record. Also, we conduct a background check and accept only individuals whose personal record will clear the state background checks.
Your responsibilities are supervision to ensure the company complies with State regulations. Our clients understand and will follow these rules to keep their license active. We provide you with a supervision plan, which was reviewed and approved by CSLB, in order to provide some examples of the necessary supervision practices.
- Each new corporation receives a NEW license number, separate and different from your personal one.
- You are automatically protected as an officer under the corporations’ commercial liability insurance.
- We continue to support you and your relationship with your contractor(s) and if there is ever communication issue we will come in and help you re-gain their cooperation.
- You can disassociate at any time- In extreme cases, if there is an issue that the contractor is not able to fix, you may remove yourself from the license.
- CSLB completes background checks through FBI and DOJ – Only those whose fingerprints clear the check will be able to be listed on a license.
- We certify our new contractors by providing them with an educational booklet with guidelines to keep their license in good standing and a follow up questionnaire with details that from our lengthy experience are pertinent to maintain a construction business.
RMO Agency will pay you monthly for qualifying each license as well as bonuses for supervision visits. Payment begins after your approval as RMO.
Additionally: Supervision visit payment directly from the contractor (per supervision mentorship plan): $100 per visit + driving time @ $30/hr + mileage @ 56 cents per mile. 1 visit per month required. Additional visits for high volume of work.
In California you may qualify up to 3 companies at one time. After you reach the maximum 3 contractors and disassociate from one, CSLB requires a 12 months waiting period to be introduced to a new contractor.
Your agreement remains active for as long as you are interested in qualifying your contractors. You may terminate your relationship with a contractor at any time by sending a notice of disassociation to CSLB. However you may continue working with a contractor we refer you only if they maintain their active agreement with RMO Agency.
No bond or insurance is required for you. The Contractor will obtain a Contractor’s Bond and necessary insurances for the company that will be performing construction work.
The corporation will be required to issue you 20% of the total issued shares. In this manner, the state allows you to serve as a license qualifier for multiple companies and also eliminates the need for a Qualifier’s bond. You will, however, be required to sign a waiver releasing these shares back to the corporation, upon the termination of your contract.
This information above is given as general information only and does not constitute a legal agreement.